Sunday, November 4, 2012

Storylane

"You might be lost in the forest if you don't know the trees, but you'll be lost in life if you don't know the stories." Siberian Elder

Storylane is a way to share and connect life's stories. There dream as a company is for people to find a place to share the stories that truly matter. It's a new social media project that just broke ground summer of 2012. It's a blogging website by design, but it takes blogging to a new level.

Storylane came to me about a week ago asking me to try them out. I was thrilled to learn what they were all about and figure out how their site worked. I was amazed how easy it was to switch my old blogs over to this new site. I didn't have to start over. I got all my old content with a better interface.

When you join you pick the things that are important to you, weather it is people, pets, or travel. You can find people that share your interests and want to write about them too. If you have a hard time getting a post started, they'll prompt you to start writing. For the not so seasoned writer this could turn you into a true blogger. It's much easier to get involved in the blogging community and read what others have to say. This makes me want to write more and more because I think people will actually read my posts now.

If you were to compile all your social media information in one spot, Facebook, Twitter, Blogs, it would tell you the story of your life. So my view is, why don't we put it all in the same place. This way we can be in control of the story of our lives online.

Mashable.com states:
Storylane has been in the works for the better part of three months and already features posts from a handful of big names, including  Steve Huffman, co-founder of Reddit, and Sahil Lavingia, CEO of Gumroad. It this point, I can only see Storylane becoming the forefront of the blogging world. 

http://www.storylane.com/
http://mashable.com/2012/10/12/storylane-prompts-you-to-share-your-life-story-one-question-at-a-time/


No comments:

Post a Comment