This week I actually started using the aggregator Hootsuite. This is my first experience using a social media aggregator. It took awhile to set up, but once I figured it out I loved it. I decided to do a one month free trail for Hootsuite to help me with my elections campaign. I've been really busy this month and needed a little aggregator help. I chose Hootsuite because I needed to scheduled posts and knew that it worked well. After reading into some other aggregators I decided to compare Hootsuite to Tweetdeck.
They share a lot of similarities like:
- Post to one or more social networks – Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, MySpace, Foursquare
- Tweet, Re-Tweet, Reply, Direct Message
- Follow, Un-follow, Add to List/Group
- Shorten URLs
- Schedule updates
- Monitor Twitter lists / Facebook Groups
- View searches on Twitter/Facebook
- Access aggregator via mobile clients
- Synchronize across computers / devices
- Post photos
- Filter columns
Tweetdeck on the other hand is said to have a more user friendly interface. One of Tweetdeck's most unique features is that it offers desktop notifications. It is better known for it's slick interface and bright new design. Overall I think you know which one I'd chose, but it's up to the user. There are also other great aggregators like Sproutsocial and Google Buzz. Everyone offers something different depending on what you need.