Sunday, April 7, 2013

There is an App for That

Apps are a huge deal today. I'm sure you've heard the phrase "there's an app for that!" Apple has coined that phrase since apps have been a huge part of their products. Here is a simple ad to show that there is truly an app for anything.

 
Since there is just about an app for anything in your life, they have become part of people's lives. I know I use apps everyday. I know I use Facebook and Twitter everyday. I couldn't function without my to do list apps. If there is a song I want to know, I Shazam it. I asked a few friends what they use everyday. They said they used alarms, stocks, and amazon on a daily biases. I went to Micheal's Craft store yesterday and got a discount with my app I have. Almost every big business has an application to connect with their customers better. Apps blew up the market in no time, so everyone hopped on board and adapted.

As of this month, Twitter announced it's move to access, discover, and use mobile apps. Twitter could be the tipping point for some companies. They are building a gateway to apps. The way Twitter is going about this is through what they call Twitter Cards. These are expandable areas within a tweet. This helps to add content to spice up your 140 characters of text. This will increase users time on Twitter and also can increase traffic to applications. The way this works is that Twitter will allow tweets to link to mobile apps. Twitter is referring to this as a "deep-link." This might be a huge deal for the world of apps. People like to talk about what's going on in their lives, and a huge percent of that is done on their phones. Deep-linking will help apps get discovered and used. I'm excited to see where the world of apps takes us.

http://techcrunch.com/2013/04/03/twitter-is-building-a-gateway-to-the-web-of-mobile-apps/
http://readwrite.com/2009/04/12/the_most_used_iphone_apps


No comments:

Post a Comment